The foam roller is a great prop to have – they can be used for self-massage, to add challenge or support to exercises, or just to add variety. This class uses the roller a lot in a number of different ways, including simulating footwork on the Reformer. Enjoy!
As always, use discretion when following a virtual fitness session. Don’t do exercises you’re unfamiliar with, don’t do anything that hurts, and follow the advice of your medical provider.
Exercises in the video
- All fours warm-up: arch & curl, poodle tail, sternum drop, opposite arm & leg reach
- Roller resting pose with arch/curl and lateral spine stretch
- Roller legs release: quads and IT bands
- Pelvic scoop seated on roller
- Back & neck massage with roller
- Bridging, hip dips/slides, bridge and leg stretch with roller
- Footwork with the roller: parallel, V-feet, single leg
- Abs: 100s, Roll-up with roller, Rolling like a ball
- Spine stretch on roller: forward, side, twist, saw
- Prone roller series: scapular mobilization, swan, feet beats, rockets, swimming
- Roller resting pose (reprise)
If you’re looking for more personalized attention, I’m available for private virtual sessions.